13th May 2022
Eating less meat is good for the environment, for the climate and for releasing resources to ensure everyone across the globe can be fed. An environmental newsletter, The Conversation, provides tips to help people reduce the amount of meat they eat, based on research by the LEAP team (Livestock, Environment and People) at the University of Oxford.
- Make at least one of your main meals vegetarian.
- Double the veg, halve the meat in your meals.
- Set a maximum number of animal products to eat today and stick to it.
- Try a new vegetarian recipe.
- Make your lunch and dinner vegetarian.
- Eat only plant-based snacks throughout the day.